Monday, May 4, 2009

Wanderings of the mind/Daydreaming
i.
you should try to score full marks.
I think of floods, and Noah & his ark,
Disaster, death, save a couple of pairs.
But now population explosion, we're breeding like hares.
swing swing swing again
to meadows of green where I can be sane.
Soil erosion, runoffs, raindrop impact.
my head is buzzing with all these facts.
Buzzing buzzing like a swarm of bees,
during lessons, this is where my mind flees.

2.
a scream, a shout
a chair kicked about.
a real bee appears,
flies around my ears.
worksheets come in handy here
sweeping the insects far from near
Shoo Shoo **** bee, get out!
to your sweet pollen, please do not pout.
Shut the windows! Close the French doors!
Don't let those bees come in anymore.

iii.
away away away
to a treasure trove, I say.
where the water is blue
and the island birds coo.
where hammocks swing
and surfer dudes are king.


4.
a shout, a thwack
now I'm under attack
my train of thought is broken
I'm like a child without a token
to spend at the funfair.
Now I'm in class, no longer out there

- Spam Hanon Wenko Lipton & Zach Xavier Collins (posted 27th June 2008)

oh haha I just realised that I'll be going back to Singapore exactly a year after that poem was posted on rbtw.

I feel like I've lost all ability to write creatively. My vocabulary is very much a passive one. I don't use the words I know. I just have this miniscule selection of words that I recycle like they were the cause of all the pollution in the world. It's seriously pathetic. And the worst thing is that there's no need for me to write narratives for english anymore so I've got no motivation to write. And there's no more classmates who tide me over classroom boredom by writing retarded (but nevertheless good) poems and stories and pretty post-its. I've forgotten how to write. I've forgotten.

No comments: