Tuesday, February 9, 2010

I'm re-reading Percy Jackson because as interesting as the story was the first time I read it, I just can't remember a single thing. Of course that was a couple of years back and my book pages have now proceeded to yellow and unsightly brown spots blemish the once pristine cream sheets. I finished The Lightning Thief and I'm on to the Sea of Monsters now. I must say the beginning of the sequel is far less engaging than the first.

OMG IT TOOK ME SO LONG TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO SPELL PRISTINE. WHAT'S WRONG WITH MY BRAIN.

Okay, the beef I have with the story is that Percky Jackson is 12 years old. urhhh yea. That pretty much sums it up. I guess it's supposed to prove that he's powerful and heroic because he managed to defeat Ares and stop a war between the gods, but it's just a little weird. Like, the fate of the world rests in the hands of a prepubescent boy with the maturity level of a... I dont know.

I'm epic-failing at multi-tasking right now. Trying to install my printer driver, stalk people on fb, reply carmen's wall posts, reply carmen's IMs, brenda's IMs, twin's IMs, download the documents I need to print, blog and I keep forgetting what else I'm suppose to do halfway.

I started work today! Doing mechanical tasks like folding cake boxes and wiping baking tins dry. I felt like a machine. But hey, I have $30 of my own money in my pocket now (:

No comments: