Tuesday, January 27, 2009

whoa playing with my cousins is tiring.

last night, I wiled away my time letting my almost-6-year-old cousin, Leon, put my chinese to shame. He knew what HELICOPTER was in chinese. omg I haven't used chinese in months so I didn't understand half of what he was saying to me (he was trying to tell me what superpower I had to use to defeat the bad guy who shot poison arrows or something along those lines and I couldn't use laser beams because they were his power and I didn't have it??) To make matters worse, he can switch between english, german and chinese with no problem at all. SHEESH. He's a major star wars fanatic and so I let him play some star wars game online and he was singing along to the music.

today, in the middle of lunch, Leon randomly started singing the star wars theme again. Half of lunch was spent running around with him and his sister and carrying them and making sure they didn't get lost somewhere and so on so forth. It was pretty fun I suppose. But omg, so tiring. This is probably the most exercise I've gotten since our last pe lesson.

Anyway, kids' imaginations are really amazing. It's so cool how they make anything out of nothing. I wonder why we outgrow them. My imagination is so much more limited than it used to be. Isn't that sad?

No comments: